Grilled chicken is a go-to dinner option for a lot of households, yet it is incredibly difficult to master. Overcooking chicken can make it chewy and dry, and that is not a meal anyone would enjoy. With the help of Jeniifer Segal @onceuponachef, we’ve brought the perfect tips and recipe to make a juicy, tender and delicious herb lemon grilled chicken
What you need
- 1-3/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, from one lemon
What to do
- One at a time, place the chicken breasts in a 1-gallon zip-lock bag; using a meat mallet, pound to an even ½-inch thickness.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the chicken together in a 1-gallon zip-lock bag (go ahead and use the same one you used for pounding if it is still in good shape). Add the chicken breasts to the bag and massage the marinade into the meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and place in a bowl in the refrigerator (the bowl protects against leakage); let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high heat and oil the grates. Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Do not overcook. Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.
What can you pair it with?
Pair this delicious meal with a Viognier. The apricot and peach-scented white wine pairs incredibly well with a juicy herb lemon chicken.